The importance of branding extends further than just a pretty picture on your website or social media profiles. Using corporate branding strategies to attract the right type of clients to your business is vital to your success, but how do you get the right ones to notice you?
Branding starts with the photos that you use to portray yourself on your website, business cards and any other networking platform. Regardless of the type of business you are in, be aware that this is the first impression that your prospective clients will have of you.
If your business isn’t performing as well you would like, then that’s a key sign that your digital branding isn’t as effective as it should be so it is important to create the right type of business photograph so that you can convey the right message to your prospects:
1) If possible, get a professional image done. Seriously, a picture of you in the garden or at a friend’s house, really won’t appeal to your customers. Make sure that you take the time to dress for the part especially if you’re trying to brand an online business. Branding largely relies on the trust that you build, and looking unkempt is one of the surest ways to do the exact opposite. For example, if you’re a woman, then enhance your features with appropriately styled makeup or have your hair styled in a professional manner.
2) Get comfortable during the photo shoot. If you aren’t comfortable having your photograph taken by someone, then you won’t be able to let your true personality shine through. In turn, this may create a very unauthentic feel to your corporate branding attempt, and your clients will quickly pick up on it.
3) Before you head to the photography studio, make sure that you know what image you want to convey to your clients. If you don’t know what you want to achieve with branding, then your photographer won’t be able to relate to your message. Take time to write down your corporate branding strategy on paper. A good photographer will do their best to understand your message and ensure they capture it in your images.
4) One of the key elements of a good branding image is good lighting. Without it, your picture will come out looking dated, and possibly a lot more off-putting than it is helpful. In almost all cases, harsh lighting should be avoided, because it unnecessary highlights faults that wouldn’t otherwise be visible. For example, the lighting that you use for your marketing images should not bring attention to frown lines; instead, you want it to highlight the trust building features of your face, like your smile or eyes.
5) Make sure that your eyes are clearly visible in the picture. Although it’s a clichéd saying, it’s worth repeating: your eyes say a lot about you. One of the primary benefits of having a clear shot of your eyes is that it makes your corporate branding come across as more authentic and trustworthy. People like to feel like they can trust you before they’re willing to go out on a limb and purchase your product or services.
In conclusion, take time to get your corporate digital branding campaign right.Alhtough hiring a professional photographer may seem expensive, in time; it will more than assist you in recouping the cost.