Here’s a Question
Have you ever wondered how you can get more from your professional and personal life? You might think the answer is simply to work harder. However, that’s not always the case. There are many ways to increase your influence and personal brand value.
Define Your Value Proposition
You’re reading this because you want to build your brand and increase your influence. There are many ways to do this, but one of the most important is to define what your value proposition is.
Your value proposition is a descriptive statement that describes who you are and why people should buy from you. It can be a single sentence or multiple paragraphs and it should be more than just an elevator pitch. Your value proposition needs to describe:
- Who you are/what sets you apart from other people in the same space (i.e., “I am an experienced writer who knows how to write engaging content that gets results”)
- What makes what you do different (i.e., “I write compelling content for clients that helps them grow their business by increasing website traffic and leads”)
- Why someone should buy from you (i.e., “My writing style resonates with my target audience; I use data-driven strategies based on proven methods that have helped other companies achieve success”)
Your unique selling point will also allow others to see how your contribution will add value for them or their organization so they feel confident about working with you as opposed to other options out there on the market
Identify Your Competitors
One of the first things you should do is identify your competitors. Doing so will allow you to gain an understanding of how they operate and what they offer, which can help inform how you position yourself in the marketplace. In addition, identifying your competitors allows you to create a roadmap for taking them on by comparing yourself against established businesses that already occupy space in your industry and figuring out how best to compete with them.
Analyze Your Target Audience
- Understand the demographics of your audience.
- Understand their needs, wants, and desires.
- Understand their pain points.
- Understand their challenges.
- Understand their values and beliefs.
- Get to know the culture of your target audience by reading blogs or other publications they read, exploring websites they visit regularly, following social media channels they frequent, and monitoring comments left on articles/videos posted by others in your niche that capture what you are offering so you can learn from them directly (or indirectly through those who responded to them).
Create a Compelling Story Brand
A compelling story brand is a foundation for communication with your audience. It should be authentic and consistent, and it should work to connect with your audience while attracting new ones. Your brand story will increase your influence, as well.
Create an Authentic Experience for Your Audience
Nobody wants to be sold to. They want to buy something that they truly believe in. We all want some form of authenticity, even if we don’t know how to define it. We want our values reflected in the products and services we purchase, as well as by the companies we allow into our lives.
Authenticity does not have to mean that everything you do or say is true—in fact, most people will tell you that it can’t be true because humans aren’t perfect and nobody has a perfect life—but it does mean that there is a story behind every experience your audience has with your brand.
If you want to increase your personal brand value, it’s essential that you define what makes you unique. By finding your unique value proposition, identifying your competitors, and analyzing the target audience for your store brand, you can create an authentic experience for your audience.